Full Screen mode going to computer instead of proyector
    birdiedaboy

Full Screen mode going to computer instead of proyector

by birdiedaboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:48 am

Hello, I have been using modul8 now for over 6 months and I have never had any problems until now, Before this happend every time I enter the full screen mode It work out well the output was on the proyector pressed cmd+U and it went to full screen mode on the proyector as it is suppose to, but since a week ago been doing the same thing but the full screen mode goes on my computer instead of going in the proyector even though the output when i first gave it the command to go full screen was on the proyector, but once I enter the full screen mode it goes to my computer! I have a gig at a theater on thursday and really need to fix this! can anyone help me

my setup is :
    Macbook pro 15"
    2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
    4 GB
    Repeat after me: I am free
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 pm

You have probably turned on screen mirroring by mistake. This could be done by hitting F7 or fn+F7 (may be different with different keyboards). Or chage it in the system settings.
    birdiedaboy

by birdiedaboy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 pm

The Midi Thief wrote:You have probably turned on screen mirroring by mistake. This could be done by hitting F7 or fn+F7 (may be different with different keyboards). Or chage it in the system settings.

The mirroring option is already turn off, actually the first thing i tried to do was turn it on and then off several times but dindt help, still the fullscreen goes to the computer instead of the proyector and the proyector just displays the background, i have also uninstall and install modul8 and didnt fix anything, Ive got my hand on another mscbook and im working with it right now, but on my mac it still dosnt work i have no idea what is going on or why is the fullscreen going on my computer insted of the proyector, I have also try going fullscreen on the proyector with quicktime movie and it does work, i just drag quicktime to the proyector and go to fullscreen mode and it goes fullscreen on the proyector everything works fine with quicktime and ive also tried it with vlc and it works fine, it seems the only program that dosnt go to fullscreen on the proyector is Modul8
    someonee please help!
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:10 am

make sure advanced output is switched off.

if all else fails, bin the M8 preferences file.
    birdiedaboy

by birdiedaboy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:11 pm

deepvisual wrote:make sure advanced output is switched off.

if all else fails, bin the M8 preferences file.

Thanks deepvisual! that was it, the advance output was turned on, I switch it off and everything work as it is suppose to! Im glad to be working again in my computer =)
    Repeat after me: I am free
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 am

thank you for saying thank you.
    far too many people dont...