Projecting with old VGA - PLEASE HELP I HAVE A SHOW TONIGHT!
  • uriattia

Projecting with old VGA - PLEASE HELP I HAVE A SHOW TONIGHT!

by uriattia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi all -

I'm trying to use an old VGA projector with a 2011 MAcbook Pro. When I go to fullscreen output in modul8 it projects the image I want on the screen; however, when Modul8 also sends the image to the screen of my laptop, meaning I can't see my Modul8 controls.

When I did this in the past with an HDMI projector, going to fullscreen would send the image to the projector but not to the screen of my laptop.

Any help anyone can provide - and fast - would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Uri
  • monsho

by monsho » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm

system preferences, displays, untick screen mirroring I presume...is your modul8 GUI on the projection screen too prior to you going to fullscreen?
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm

yup
    as above, but if that doesn't work, make sure you have advanced output turned off..
  • uriattia

by uriattia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks! This is a step in the right direction, but I still have a problem. I can now get the projection on the wallwhile the computer monitor stays the same. But the only way that would work was if I shifted the toolbar in the Displays prefs to the monitor. When I do that, and go to full screen on Modul8, I lose the cursor on my Mac. It just disappears. When I command-T my way back to non-Full Screen mode in Modul8, the cursor reappears.

Help! And thanks!

Uri
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:42 am

I think there some mouse options in M8/output/mouse
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:37 am

I hope you did all the setup with modul8 quitted right? once you're all setup woith your display(s) you can open modul8