Trigger Finger buttons not 'toggling/latching' controls
  • mikdog

Trigger Finger buttons not 'toggling/latching' controls

by mikdog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 am

Hi I wonder if someone could please help me with an issue I've been having for months now.

When I assign, for example, a Trigger Finger pad to turn on 3D space in Modul8, 3D space will only be turned on for as long as I hold the pad down. When I release it, 3D space is turned off.

Anybody know how I change that so that when I tap the pad once, 3D space is turned on. When I tap it again, 3D space is turned off. More like a 'toggle' or a 'latch'.

Searched far and wide on the Internet. Thus far haven't found any solutions.
  • mikdog

by mikdog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 pm

anybody? please?
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:52 pm

what do you mean by 3D space function?
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
  • mikdog

by mikdog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:06 pm

ok, 3d space function or EXTRUDE, or it could be anything - COLOUR CYCLE, INVERT, TURN ROTATION ON/OFF etc... the buttons only hold down temporarily for as long as I'm holding down the pad
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 pm

either change your trigger finger Toggle mode preset or create a module to do this it's easy you don't need any scripting skills
    just add abutton from the module editor then on the attribute tab, click on "toggle" checkbok then bind the desired interface function using the keyword connect tab tools
    click the keyword conenct tan, then click on "Pick in UI" then click on the GUI and here it is the value is set to what you want in toggle mode. you just have to do a MIDI map to this custom module and you are done.
    you can even invert values within the expression input field of the keyword connect tab
  • mikdog

by mikdog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea how I'd change the Trigger Finger toggle mode? I've tried (at length) top do this in Enigma with no success. Many thanks.
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:30 pm

"Programming the Pads
    The Trigger Finger’s pads can have a large number of parameters assigned to each one. For ease, these parameters have been split into three groups: MIDI
    controller info (CC), Program info (PGM), and Note info (♪).
    • The CC info allows you to edit the CC message that is sent out as you apply pressure to a pad. You can also edit the range of the controller values sent by
    editing the Min and Max parameters.
    • The PGM info allows you to edit the Program, Bank MSB, and Bank LSB values that are sent when sending a Program/Bank Change from the Trigger
    Finger.
    • The NOTE info allows you to edit the Note that is sent each time a pad is tapped, as well as the velocities that are transmitted when ‘Vel Fix’ is pressed—the
    fixed ‘On’ velocity and fixed ‘Off’ velocity.
    Each pad in the Enigma interface has three zones for these three types of info. Double-clicking on any of these three zones will bring up the Editor Dialog with the
    relevant information for that pad.
    When working in List View, you will see all the values and parameters in use by the Trigger Finger. One important thing to note is that to ensure compatibility with the
    other M-Audio and Evolution controllers’ presets that you are able to access in Enigma, the Trigger Finger uses special CC assignments for determining how notes
    are output from the pads. The two valid CC assignments are explained below:

CC 148—Note On/Off Toggle: When CC 148 is assigned to the pad, it will function in toggle mode. In this mode, a note on will be sent with the played
    velocity the first time a pad is played. A note off will be sent the second time the pad is played. Like the CC 147 assignment, the MSB and LSB values dictate
    the Locked Velocity of the notes. The MSB is the velocity used the first time a pad is played when Locked Velocity mode is engaged. The LSB is the velocity
    used when the pad is played a second time when Locked Velocity Mode is engaged. By leaving the LSB value at 0, pressing a pad once will play a note at
    your chosen velocity and the second press will stop it.

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/ma ... 3EN_V3.PDF
  • mikdog

by mikdog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks man. I did try this before (read the manual) but still didn't work for me. I may be doing it wrong or sending the data back to the trigger finger wrong. I read I have to hit the save button at just the right time or something. Yeeeaaargh. Thanks anyway.