Strange problems. Possible?
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

Strange problems. Possible?

by Akira » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:12 pm

I ran into some sort of problem yesterday, which quite lead me nto trouble at my performance ;p but anyway...

I tried to load a clip and modul8 insisted that it was already loaded in the mediaset, but it wasn't. What I think happened, is that both files had the *same* filename. But they were in different paths! Is this possible?

Second, I keep getting the video tearing in the second output when everything is very busy and I have any sort of preview turned on in my main display.

I experienced this in my iBook G3 with 10.3.9, happens now in my iBook G4 with latest quicktime and 10.4, hapened in a friend's iBook G4 with 10.3.9 and happens less in a PB 1.5Hz with Tiger and Panthr. Obviously, the one with less ocurrences of this problem, is the PB. I suppose it has to do with video memory?

Cheers
  • jm302
    super8 member

by jm302 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:48 pm

Greetings,

When I first started working with M8, I did all my programming on my PB and things ran nice and smooth. Then, when I hooked up a TV or projector to check colours/performance, really complicated sets (many layers and/or fx) ran poorly. I opened the Apple System Profiler and noticed that when a second display was hooked up, my 64MB of VRAM was split: 32 MB for the PB display and 32 MB for the external display. So, I guess the moral of the story is, the more VRAM the better, hence why I'm going to get a tower with multiple video cards (I think Radeon makes a card or two with 256 MB VRAM).

Cheers,
    Justin

P.S. I always keep the preview turned off during live performance because it can make a noticible difference during heavy processing.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist" -- Anonymous

http://www.302acid.com
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:46 pm

jm302 wrote:P.S. I always keep the preview turned off during live performance because it can make a noticible difference during heavy processing.

This is really not a solution for me, I need to preview the compositions.

BTW, I knew about the video ram splitting, but still, I think there's some sort of problem with that tearing.