i really love the trace effect.
but when i use the livecam, the trace effect is gone. it doesn't work. is this normal?
thanxs!
.martin
I kinda figured that by the nature of the trace effect it's necessary to keep a low layer opacity, especially when using multiple layers.I have found that when I reduce the opacity of underlying layers the trace effect is amplified. I would prefer if the trace effect worked at full effect over full opacity layers, but not so far for me. I have not experimented with the firewire camera in and trace, though.
hi,martin i used the trace effect during a live set on the livecam. i had chanels a & b stacked with multiple (all) layers, camera on ch A, and was fading between layers in B while the camera picture was slowly turning 360 horizontally in 100% opacity with the trace effect on, which resulted in the edges of the frame that was turning leaving a nice trail. looked cool and worked perfect.
well it's a "global" effect (in the master section) so whenever it's on, it affects all videos. i can't remember exactly if it afffected the edges only of a clip or the movement WITHIN the clips also. you'd have to try it out. i was using slow action clips so i didn't notice it (within) but i also noticed when i shrunk the clips and used "patch" to make them round had them orbitting around the screen. a nice effect for simulating comets btwhi,
thanks for the information. so the trace effect has no effect on the movie content, right?
.martin
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests
Copyright 2017 © garageCube. All Rights Reserved. Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited.