quicktime movie that contains sound only not accepted?
    p8guitar

quicktime movie that contains sound only not accepted?

by p8guitar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:12 pm

I have converted a mp3 audio file into a quicktime movie. this movie only contains the mp3, in AAC format.
    When I load this into the media panel, the info displays the name, but the type, size and memory usage is not shown. Or the name is displayed, but the picture, size and memory usage of another media is displayed. And when I select the media, there isn't the usual orange frame around it.

Loading the movie into a layer doesn't work, I get the message "loading...".

Then - how do I get modul8 to play a soundfile? Which format do I have to use?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:32 pm

mmm maybe you should try to make a transparent movie with the sound or a 1x1px file. I never tried to add a sound file in modul8 as this software has been made for VIDEO 8) but I did play with video with sound and it's working quite well :wink:
  • studioc
    activ8 member

by studioc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:05 am

Yes, I tried this soundfile thing. And M8 does not play a quicktime mp3 soundfile or aac. What I would do is just what was suggested. I would time the piece. Then make a video with, say, an alpha channel, then I would drag the soundfile onto it in final cut pro. (maybe imovie can do this, but i don't use imovie, so i dunno) But I haven't had the time nor patience for doing this. yet. and I have heard a hint from the M8 team that a future iteration of M8 will do alot more with sound. Recording capabilities for one. I would love my logical records to carry sound with them. For now I am using a stand alone DVD recorder for recording gigs, etc. This way I get a recording, with the live camera, at no drain on the CPU.
    The Revolution must be televised!
    p8guitar

by p8guitar » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:19 am

that's too bad... I want to compose a video to a certain song of my band. therefore it would be helpful to have the soundfile running in modul8 to avoid any sync problems.
    ok, I think imovie can combine a video and a soundfile; I'll try that. thanks for the info!
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:40 pm

Like Sigma6 suggested, simply create a movie with a small transparent (or black) box and link it to your sound track. I guess you can even do that with Quicktime Pro, it takes about five minutes.

I'm pretty sure that there is also a Python module somewhere to play back MP3 (I'm in vacation until the end of the year, so I cannot really dig right now). Then a simple module with a play/stop button could be done to plays back your sound file.

Regarding your question about more sound control support in Modul8, of course we are thinking about that. The true is that it is not a top priority right now.