Dealing with presets
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

Dealing with presets

by JJHP3 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:29 am

Hi All

I'm spending lots of time getting better aquainted with M8 for some big shows this month and finding what I think are roadblocks to the easy assembly of a cutomized project. Aside from not being able to organize my clips easily, I'm confused about the presets - is it true one can't move them from say #8 to #2? No copy presets in other words. If this is true, I'm hoping others see the usefulness of this. My example is: M8 2.02 on a 1GHz TiBook; using A/B fading and I've found that Group A (or reversed with Group B) plays -much- faster when there is a blank preset loaded in Group B. So I made B#8 blank. Trouble is I like my #8 in Group A... worked real hard to get the placement and timing of the clips correct. I just want to drag #8 to position #2. Or save preset settings, paste them into a new project and change the clips. Am I missing something? I grumble, but the output is cool!

Thanks for any advice,

John
  • stuart
    activ8 member

by stuart » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:51 pm

to get that performance increase simply turn off the layers in the group you are not using. No need to have a blank group I think.
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

by JJHP3 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:45 pm

thanks for you input... I -was- wondering if turning layers off in the other group had the same effect as a empty preset. Hard to tell what the frame rate is in M8 to test things.

John
    chromafresh
    super8 member

by chromafresh » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:45 pm

It should. :)