11 full-hd videoprojector installation technical information
  • zechs3

Re: 11 full-hd videoprojector installation technical informa

by zechs3 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Just a quick question, which I didn't feel necessarily needed a new thread, is it possible to have content displays on multiple screens vertically as well as horizontally.

I am looking to create a 3 x 2 grid of 1080 screens.
    I have not seen this feature explicitly detailed so I wonder if anyone had personal experience.

Thanks in advance,
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 am

You can place your displays anywhere you want.

These are quite random, the Modul8 stage is cut into pieces that are replaced with the Advanced Output option
    https://vimeo.com/22741283
  • zechs3

by zechs3 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I am actually in the process of speccing out a 6 display system. The new Mac Pro's aren't available yet.
    Does anyone have any personal success in creating a system that can support 6 1080 outputs?

Any other general notes and suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,

p.s. I am thinking about a Mac G5 with tripple heads to go, but I was uncertain as to which graphic cards would work best for my purposes. Or if I'd even need some external scaling assistance hardware.

Details -

The screens are arranged via a 3 x 2 grid with some breaks between them. The screens themselves are sizable but I won't need to map them as all displays are rectangular. The video output would also be used elsewhere in the venue, but I am not very concerned about the arrangement.