Confused by the workflow..
  • MarkmaN

Confused by the workflow..

by MarkmaN » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Gents,

Recently I've been transitioning from Avenue to Modul8 and comparing to see if it addresses the issues Avenue was giving me with slowdowns over time. Modul8 runs great and I love the features but I can't figure out how to use some of my old workflow in this environment.
    Specifically, I would like the same effects on a module mirrored across 2 decks that I can then use to combine similar effects while mixing. When I MIDI map, it works, but the big problem is that I use a MIDI mapped control to switch between 1 layer for deck A, and one for deck B, which also helps for setting up effects and colors before output to the crowd.
    As I select a layer to cue, the module applies effects to the selected layer, making it impossible for me to tweak two layers at once with different parameters. Is there a way to link the layer, module and MIDI? Seems like I get stuck with either one mapping for both layers or maps that give me redundant controls over the same module.
    I thought that the layerset+position mode of mapping would help this, and it does, but I still haven't gotten the module to do what I need it to.
    Originally I used two copies of the Filter module to make each a dedicated one, but this didn't do the job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

MarkmaN
    pele2010
    ultim8 member

Re: Confused by the workflow..

by pele2010 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 am

Hey MArkman,

it´s very difficult to decrypt what you are explaining. I can follow you to the point that you want to prepare your footage
    before outputting.
    the part of the midi mapping seems to be solved with a module. there a several FX modules, which you can download
    and then you should be able to apply more than one effect at the time.

if you plan something specific , i think you need to construct a module.

IF you could provide a screenshot video on how you work with avenue then it would illustrate this very good.

Then it would be much easier to think about how this can be achieved in modul8.

There is one module called (LT) quick FX .

i hope this helps you and i shure that if you show the workflow with a screencast
    you will answers to your question.

pele2010
    www.instagram.com/pele2010/
    #eachfilm01
    #pele2010
    Act without doing; work without effort. Think of the small as large and the few as many. Confront the difficult while it is still easy;
    accomplish the great task by a series of small acts.
    www.eachfilm.de
  • Videometry

Re: Confused by the workflow..

by Videometry » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi,

I am also looking for a solution to map the Filter module to more then 1 layer at a time. Has anybody figured this out? Ideally, I'd like to have the filter module effecting the global output, not the selected layer. Have tried pretty hard but not found a way to do this yet? Can anybody help me out?

I'd also be happy with being able to midi map the filter module to a particular layer so that I don't need it selected to affect it. Does this make sense, let me know if I'm being unclear...

Thanks for your advice!