dinosaur midi control and last version modul8
  • steaknet

dinosaur midi control and last version modul8

by steaknet » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I try to make a midi map on my new old uc33 with the latest version of modul 8 : This should work, shoulnd't it? :cry:

as usual with midi map, select, move the button to assign command to...

nothing...

please tell me if its a software problem or if it's my uc33

Thanks
    hello, I am working with drawings and figurative vjing and I'm looking for people who are interested in using vjing as a platform to show and to give life to drawings and illustrations.
  • vanakaru
    master

Re: dinosaur midi control and last version modul8

by vanakaru » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:13 pm

get the app MidiMonitor and see if you get incoming messages. If yes then try to assign right device in M8 MIDI preferences.
  • steaknet

by steaknet » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately no sign of life neither in MidiMonitor nor in Modul8 :|
    does this mean game over for my uc33?

best
    s
    hello, I am working with drawings and figurative vjing and I'm looking for people who are interested in using vjing as a platform to show and to give life to drawings and illustrations.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:55 am

It does mean that your UC33 will not communicate via USB. Maybe the USB contacts are not well or something else is wrong. If you had a MIDI to USB adapter(ebay sells these for few bucks http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDI-USB-Interf ... 397wt_1294) you could try MIDI out. If that works you can use it with the adapter or try to fix USB(cable?).
    Otherwise sell it for parts.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Don't give up, keep testing. I t could be one ogf many things. Try a different cable and usb port. Have you got another MIDI capable software? try it with that.
    It could also be issues with the audio MIDI set up in your Mac, I've had them in the past. Also try the obvious restarting your computer.
  • steaknet

by steaknet » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks for your support :) the midi out works so it's still alive, I 'll check some more things, so maybe..
  • steaknet

by steaknet » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:45 pm

HI !

I have a midi/usb adapter plugged in. My computer recognises it very well but my midi is still missing. :x