Help, please! M8 Matrix transformer bug/limitation?
    wewearbuildings!

Help, please! M8 Matrix transformer bug/limitation?

by wewearbuildings! » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Hello, this is my first post with this username on the forum, but I've been using M8 from 2006. And I am very happy with it.

I used M8 with a macbook pro core 2duo 2.4Ghz with 4 RAM Gb.

And I don't know why, when I applied the Matrix Transformer to any layer, If I put more than 6 elements in it (ie. 2 rows and 4 columns, or 6 rows and 10 columns), the quality of these elements decays dramatically and this layer got really pixellated. Well I accepted this limitation and lived with it.

Well, now I am using a mac Pro with 2 GPUs and 16 RAM Gb to compose a 6 screen output, and this problem went away, or at least I didnt realized of it until last night...
    And now it happens again with this new setup.

Please help me to find a solution, I am in the middle of a gig, and this is very important, because most of my mediasets are based on using this feature...

Is this a bug of M8?
    How could I avoid this?

Many thanks in advance and congrats for this terrific piece of software!

Greetings from Spain!

Best

Javier
    Last edited by wewearbuildings! on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sigmasix
    master

Re: Help, please! M8 Matrix transformer bug/limitation?

by sigmasix » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

What is your output resolution?
    I never had a problem with that before. Is the "resize" checkbox checked or unchecked?
    wewearbuildings!

by wewearbuildings! » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi Sigma,
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The ouput resolution!
    It seems to be that...
    I have been outputing from M8 at 7680x720 while playing the visuals live with M8. And it worked like a charm ;)
    Then, in order to record the visuals with syphon (because it's a permanent videoinstallation) I've just reduced the resolution to a more affordable 6140x614 and even try to 4915x614.
    And here came this matrix transformer issue...

Anyway this happened to me previously with M8, as I said, with my old macbook pro.

I am trying now to record in syphon at 7680x768 or 7680x720, but the frame rate drops a lot, from 24fps to 13...

Well, any tip will be very useful, thanks!

Best

Javier
    wewearbuildings!

by wewearbuildings! » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi again,
    Finally it isn't the output resolution...
    It's still happening to me.
    Maybe it's something related with the output monitors, because this issue dissapear when I have all the projectors plugged... But now I can't do it, and It looks really pixellated when I go further 5/6 elements in a matrix transformer. I can see that the number really depends on each piece of the footage. Sometimes I can put more than 6 elements without seeing badly.

Please, I need some help/guidance into this, because I have to record 4 hours of 6150x615px visuals right now.
    This deadline is extremely important.
    It's for the new Adria's brothers restaurant in Barcelona, after closing elBulli.
    I am finishing a permanent videoinstallation here.
    By now I am playing the visuals live with M8, and the result is simply excellent.
    Well, now I just have to record these visuals with Syphon.

Many thanks in advance again!

Javier