New user with old system...
  • parisjp

New user with old system...

by parisjp » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:44 am

Hi,

I'm new to Modul8, I have been trying it for a couple of weeks and it seems right to my needs so I bought it some days ago.

The system:
    PowerPC G5 QuadCore, 2GB RAM, 2 x nVidia 6600 and last OSX possible in that machine. I use one output for the interface, next one (same card) for feeding a led screen at 1024x768 and next one (second card) to feed a HDMI splitter with several FullHD plasmas.

When I check mark the advanced output the ouput videos begin to evidence some strobe in their movements, even if only a output is used.

I know I'm short on RAM so I ordered a 6 GB expansion to have 8GB installed.

Somebody could tell me if I'll solve my problem with the RAM expansion and adjusting some M8's preferences or I need to change something in the hardware?

Thank you in advance
  • parisjp

Re: New user with old system...

by parisjp » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:16 am

No replies... No one to help me with this.

I just upgraded the RAM to 6GB and everything is the same (although OS runs smooth now and M8 seems to be more receptive) about the advanced output thing.

No advanced output and I get PERFECT output in fullscreen mode, crisp graphics and superb movements and filters and so.
    If I turn on advanced output I got some sort of little trails in the moving layers and, depending on the complexity, if using particles or so, evident strobing.

And I also noticed that, some times, the machine get like freezed, some red leds are visible in the inside, screen go to black and, sometimes, return to life after 30 or more seconds and continue in the same place it apparently hanged... Heat? The 6600 nvidia cards and the back of the power supply are very hot after 1 hour of vjing but the rest of the machine (CPUs, chipset and RAM) are cool. Every fan is working OK...

I got hanged two times during the session... Argh!

Some help would be appreciated.
  • vanakaru
    master

Re: New user with old system...

by vanakaru » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

I think you have a hardware problem. Try asking there:

http://hintsforums.macworld.com