HOW TO CREATE and USE A LARGE LAYOUT IN Modul8
  • uranusweg

HOW TO CREATE and USE A LARGE LAYOUT IN Modul8

by uranusweg » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:23 am

Hi everyone,
    I had a problem to create a large size layout in modul8. My question is which is the set up I have to create to use a layout of 6000 x 1080 px
    I have a mac pro with 2 ATI Radeon HD 5770; we connected two triple heads to go digital edition in one ATI;we put a monitor in the other ATI. We have 6 video projectors connected full hd 1920x1080.
    I set the advanced export setting layout size 6000 x 1080; the mac graphic card system recognizes the 2 triple head to go as two input of 3000x 1080, not a single layout of 6000 x 1080. once you launch full screen mode,the image goes full screen just in one card (in one group of monitors); to use both card I had to go in advanced settings of M8 and create another input signal, but is a duplication, not the extention of the 6000 px; so to use the creativity I had to connect one triple head to go and make the composition smaller, like 3800 x 500 px, with and huge lost of quality in resolution.

In the case studies of matrox there is the one of club vanilly; I don't understand how they add up resolution (42 monitor full hd) connecting triple heads to go (also because mac pro can use just 2 graphic cards, they put 3 cards on each mac pro). Did they use huge graphic cards (that could make an original large resolution) on mac pro to create the large layout signal and then they split on many triple heads to go?
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/press ... b_vanilli/

Many thanks in advance

T

uranusweg