Reusing Output as Input
  • dmelladom

Reusing Output as Input

by dmelladom » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 am

Dear all,
    Thanks in advance for your interests.
    I have opened a new thread to talk about a problem I had in a set this last weekend.
    I was trying to have some kind of infinite loop using a delayed output signal as a new input.
    You can find info about how to delay a video signal in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5727

Instead of using a three ribbon screen I just used a all-white screen for a complete delayed video.
    Then, using Syphon input, as detailed in here:

http://themidithief.com/2011/06/syphon-input-in-modul8/
    My set was as follows: the lower layer had the Syphon Client (so any other layer would be covering it). The I started a non-full screen video on the very first layer.
    That video's length was under the total delay of the buffer. Let's say that buffer is 1 minute long.
    So once the video on the first layer is done, I turn it off and wait for the signal to appear again in the last layer.
    As it had to happen, one minute later, the very same video appears in the output but, from now on, everytime the signal appears again, it is scale to a lower size.
    I can not understand this. Some friends told me it was like the "tunnel-effect" when you face two mirrors, but I think that example is not suitable for digital signal.
    Unfortunatelly, I can't tell you the model of the capture card that I used, but I would like to know if you guys have experimented this problem and what kind of capture board are you using.

Thanks for your attention,
    Diego