Output and Preview panel
  • Gusfavoreto

Output and Preview panel

by Gusfavoreto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi,

I'm setting the Modul8 to output 1024x768, but the preview panel and the output are always 640x480, even in changing preferences and Misc. I changed the Output> Output Advanced orange square in the right proportion is more blue remains at 640x480. This is so configured as an output for the TripleHead2Go, must I always use scale down to the videos. Does anyone know where I'm wrong?

thank you

Gus
  • Basic
    activ8 member

Re: Output and Preview panel

by Basic » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:17 am

that's strange i tend to just just preferences and misc.

have you resloved this? - Ive never actually used the advanced output before.
  • Gusfavoreto

by Gusfavoreto » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:38 am

I still can't solve this yet

when I click in "normalize" scale in transform, the image fit the window, but only with normalize is on.

att
    Gus
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 am

Avoid advanced output if you can, it's quite confusing and isn't necessary most of the time (I've never used it in 6+ years of Modul8 VJing.

The main output (aka Full Screen) is the based on the connected monitors resolution - the preview is just guide - so when you drag the preview window larger, and although it displays resolutions, they don't relate to the full screen output resolution. Basically set the preview aspect in preferences so you have a guide but don't stress about final output resolution.

Also, FYI Modul8 2.6.4 added a preview zoom/scale module to show the overflow of your output in the preview area - turn it on to zoom the preview to see outside the final output.
  • Gusfavoreto

by Gusfavoreto » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks lotech, I turn on the Normalize and the video is correct.

att,
    Gus