. anyone using AirBeam w/Modul8 ?
  • anomad
    master

. anyone using AirBeam w/Modul8 ?

by anomad » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:54 pm

. was just surfing around and AirBeam caught my eye - http://appologics.com/airbeam

. anyone using it w/Modul8? comments/opinions about it ?

-james
    (a nomad. )
    The Midi Thief
    master

Re: . anyone using AirBeam w/Modul8 ?

by The Midi Thief » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 pm

I installed it but it was messing with my system (in similar ways that AirDisplay did) so I uninstalled it. I'm on Lion.
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

Re: . anyone using AirBeam w/Modul8 ?

by cvanhoose » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Hey Midi T,
    Does this app give you a mirror feed of the os also, or just the camera? I have used Mobiola with great success w/medium quality(480). Smooth enough to play with, I would not recommend broadcasting with it :lol: it requires an app to be open on your desktop as well, then you can find your feed as Inputs in Modul8 and a Quicktime source in Resolume. the only pros I see in Airbeam are syphon and webcasting.
    I have AirDisplay also, which is used for a second or third monitor while I am traveling (phone or pad, or both;) But not while VJing. Why would you need another monitor? Modules? So far I have not been having issues with the software.
    My goal I have been trying to achieve, is to pipe the airplay into Modul8 or Resolume. My solution so far includes a capture card, ATV, and a couple phones and pads. which is ok. To feed a pads display direct would be more useful. ex: each pads interface, could have their own layer and effects, positions,etc.
    I am running 10.8.1 with dev kit, which I have to say, I am very pleased with on a macbookPro i7's. I also have several other configs and several testing machines, some which are on 10.6.8 for developing purposes. 10.8.1 runs much smoother and the interface is more efficient for my needs.
    Cheers,
    cvanhoose