video capture problems
  • guttertec

video capture problems

by guttertec » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:01 pm

hi there,

i just tried the demo-version for modul8 and really liked it. the only problem is / was that i couldnt get a firewire connection via video capture for my sony dc-330 videocam. i have got no problems with osx along with apple broadcaster and final cut. does anyone have a clue?

the second thing is that i would like to grab a stream from a local darwin streaming server (format: mp4). are there any possibilites?

if those problems could be solved i would definitely buy the prog .. hot stuff :-)

thanks
    axel
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

by garageRoot » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:26 pm

Hi, please tell us specifically what happens when you plug your camera. Is there no reaction coming from the software?
    Are you using a special card for the video in?
    What is your over all configuration?

Usually modul8 is compatible with all standard firewire cameras.
    So far no problems have been reported.

Video streamed from a server is not in our plans yet.

GarageCUBE *team*
  • guttertec

firewire connection

by guttertec » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:37 pm

Hi, please tell us specifically what happens when you plug your camera. Is there no reaction coming from the software?
    Are you using a special card for the video in?
    What is your over all configuration?

i got an g4 ibook. there comes no special software (driver) for mac os x along with the camera. as isaid there is just the firewire (400) connection. apple broadcaster identifies the camera (even with the correct model description) automatically. aswell as final cut.

Video streamed from a server is not in our plans yet.

that would be the killer feature i am waiting for. at least to point at an url where the video already is streamed (i. e. mp4)

thanks for your fast answer
    axel
    [/quote]
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:39 am

Hey!

Your camera needs to be plugged in and turned ON -before- you start modul8, otherwise it won't recognize it. at least it works like that over here!

Cheers!