APC 40 not recognized
  • radiofreebc

APC 40 not recognized

by radiofreebc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:28 am

I'm using a Retina Macbook Pro, running Mavericks, and I'm having issues seeing my Akai APC 40 MIDI controller in the preferences/Key-MIDI Mapping menu. It used to show up fine, but for some reason it won't show up in the device list anymore. The Two Way MIDI module still sees it, but for some reason the preferences won't let me enable it to use it. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I think it's interesting the Two Way MIDI module sees it. The system profiler sees it as well.

It worked just fine at my last show, just two weeks ago. The only thing that's changed since then is that I installed MIDIpipe, and ran it once. It seemed to stop right after I did that. Could that software have done it? MIDIpipe didn't really make much sense to me, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit. When I ran MIDIpipe the first time, it saw the APC 40 as both an input and an output, but now it only sees it as an output. That may have something to do with my problem, but I can't figure out how to get it to see it as an input again. Very confused.

Any help would be appreciated!