Modul8 + Madmapper: splitting OutMix to Quads
  • fiumichino

Modul8 + Madmapper: splitting OutMix to Quads

by fiumichino » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to know what´s the best way to do this:

Modul8 is connected via Syphon with MadMapper, in MadMapper I have 12 square quads that fit each one of the projection surfaces.

Usually the M8 composition goes through all the quads, like in a single screen.

But the question: Is there any way to split the Modul8 Out Mix in the way of the attached capture, to isolate each clip within each red portion of the output? I.e. to load separately clips within by hand, like different colors, different texts, or movie clips sometimes. It´s something like having 12 individual outputs in one without leaving the same project in Module8 through MadMapper.

Doing it by hand, positioning and cropping the clips without any visual reference (like the red lines) takes too much time and usually doesn´t work too accurate.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • oblique

Re: Modul8 + Madmapper: splitting OutMix to Quads

by oblique » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:24 pm

I don't know if there's an easier way (there should be) but when I've done something similar (not so many surfaces though) is scaled each layer and moved the position on the grid for each layer. As long as the clips you're loading on each layer are of the same dimensions, it should work fine. And there are exactly 10 layers. So you should be able to load each quad on each layer and grid position/scale them accordingly and MadMapper should pick them up fine.

EDIT: Didn't realize you had 12 quads and not 10. 10 is the max layers we can load, so you'll have to join a couple of them I guess.