. seriously?? canvas on Retina MacBookPro...
  • anomad
    master

. seriously?? canvas on Retina MacBookPro...

by anomad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:20 pm

. ok.. went to mess around w/some of my modules that use canvases to draw stuff (b/c i like video clips and all that, but generative graphics are more interesting to me… )

. i pull up my '120 polygons' and it looks like absolute crap in retina mode.. was **any** testing done w/canvases or the painter module ?

. case in point, a simple 200x200 canvas w/three squares - code, module and output visible (screen cap) :

. should i recode my modules around this top left quadrant issue or will someone take a look at it?

. what if i was using these canvas objecting in a Projection Mapping situation, would GC notice it then ? ;)

-james
    (a nomad.)
    sigmasix
    master

Re: . seriously?? canvas on Retina MacBookPro...

by sigmasix » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:28 pm

got the same problem a few weeks ago. I wrote and met with almost the whole G3 md8 team about it so they know the problem. Problem is… no timeline for an update to address this issue…
    For my project I'm not too afraid as it will run on a mac mini and everything should be fine, but this really is a problem anyways…

I think we're the only two users working this deep with modules so obviously, we end up finding bugs nobody has… (for this one it seems that nobody uses the painter module either…)
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:59 pm

. well, at least I'm in good company :)

. i've noticed the ratio stuff gets even worse w/non-square canvases (such that you can't rely on it just using the upper left quadrant) in that it ZOOMS IN or OUT depending on the size and dimensions of the canvas you use...

. surely the code can't be so complicated that determining if the display is retina vs. standard resolution would be a difficult check…

. it seems like the canvas has so much potential that's being ignored…

-james
    (a nomad. )
    boris
    garageCube team

by boris » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:01 am

Hi there,

Sorry for this issue, we discover that problem recently with Sigmasix and we gonna fix it on september.
    (It's it's holiday time for the garagecube dev. team now)

Cheers,
    Boris.

anomad wrote:. well, at least I'm in good company :)

. i've noticed the ratio stuff gets even worse w/non-square canvases (such that you can't rely on it just using the upper left quadrant) in that it ZOOMS IN or OUT depending on the size and dimensions of the canvas you use...

. surely the code can't be so complicated that determining if the display is retina vs. standard resolution would be a difficult check…

. it seems like the canvas has so much potential that's being ignored…

-james
    (a nomad. )
    Boris * garageCube team
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:53 pm

. awesome ! thank you boris :)