Loops Creation: FEW LONG FILE vs MANY SHORT FILES
  • marcelotrack

Loops Creation: FEW LONG FILE vs MANY SHORT FILES

by marcelotrack » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:24 am

I have a doubt about how would be the best form to render video files to run modul8.
    Does the software work better with one long file (let's imagine a 10 min long movie) being used in many channels in different ways and parts or would it be better to cut all the loops and turn them into short files. I can't risk to have a crash in my presentation...
    I am using a MacbookPro Late 2013 - 16gb ram, many GBs free in the SD hard disk.

Best
    Marcelotrack (Rio-Vancouver) :wink:
    orion
    super8 member

Re: Loops Creation: FEW LONG FILE vs MANY SHORT FILES

by orion » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:27 pm

depending on the type of event, I generally like to do a lot of long pre-rendered videos at home personally.
    that being said, and assuming all the video's are photo jpeg rendered at 85%, i think short video's take up less resources is cpu.
    i think some of this is about to change with modul8 v3 (and hap) but shorter videos i think generally always play back cleaner when playing videos off a ssd (even better with Hap?), in my experience.

Best thing to do always is test things out. Everybody has a slightly different configuration of their computer. Best to absorb as much as you can from the forums and test stuff out w ur computer(s).