OSC Two Way Feedback
    cansik

OSC Two Way Feedback

by cansik » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi guys

I would like to buy an iPad Pro as visual controller for the Modul8. So I tried out Hexler's Touch OSC but I had some problems with it. I don't know if it's a problem of TouchOSC, but if I send back something on the focus address from Modul8 (for example: "/md8key/ctrl_layer_pixelFX_noiseLevel/0"), the control on the iPad will not be affected. It doesn't show me the current value, I can just use it as one-way control.

This even does not work if I set an explicit layer (the name of the control + layer). The only control that is working in both directions is the alpha value of the current layer.

Has somebody managed it to work for all controls in both direction? It doesn't even work if I send a value explicit over OSC from python:

Code: Select all

noise_value = 0.5
    msg = '/md8key/ctrl_layer_pixelFX_noiseLevel/1'
    modul8.sendOSC(msg, noise_value)

Would be great if somebody could tell me if it's just my problem or if M8 or TouchOSC is doing something wrong.

Regards
    Florian
    cansik

Re: OSC Two Way Feedback

by cansik » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Ok got it working, the problem was that I used the auto-addressing of TouchOSC. But it isn't working for two way mapping. So just set the full address yourself, then it works.

Now I realised that M8 is not sending the current values over OSC if you switch layers. Is this by design or just a bug? Maybe I'm going to write a module for this if it's not implemented yet.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:34 pm

. as far as i know, Modul8 doesn't automatically send OSC information when you change layers.

-james
    (a nomad. )
    cansik

by cansik » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:21 am

Jep, I'm currently writing my own module for this. I'll share it when it is ready ;)
  • Keydam

by Keydam » Fri May 03, 2019 11:44 am

Jep, I'm currently writing my own module for this. I'll share it when it is ready ;)
    Hello,

It's an old post but by any chance did you manage to do it? I don't find the module in the public library.

Does Modul8 3 fix this or not?

Best.

Damien