miniMAD with usb numeric keypad
  • holger.b

miniMAD with usb numeric keypad

by holger.b » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 pm

I tested my miniMAD with a usb number block. Unfortunately does not work.
    I assume that the key code of the keys of the numeric keypad is a different code than the key code of the keys of the alphanumeric keyboard.
    Can not you also support the numeric keypad keys? (including special features like 0 = pause, etc.)
    Then you could use a "smaller keyboard" for practical use ...
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: miniMAD with usb numeric keypad

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:17 pm

I agree, the question is more about what function attach to what key.

When Num Lock is on, I'm thinking about using the 0..9 for triggering the 10 first sequences, Enter for pause, - for previous and + for next media / sequence.

When Num Lock is off, the arrows could be use in combination with three other key as equivalents to the miniMAD keys.

What do you think?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:13 pm

+1 on this!

A wireless numeric keypad is a nice remote for the minimad!
  • holger.b

by holger.b » Mon May 13, 2019 10:36 pm

Hello Pierre,
    sorry for my late reply. That's a good suggestion. Also, the idea of ​​switching to another mode via the Numlock key to simulate the Minimad keys could be very helpful.
    For simple applications, a mouse would also be conceivable as an input device.
    Right button for next medium and left button for previous medium. Or start / stop a sequence with the mouse buttons ...
    (For simple interactive applications, you could convert an old computer mouse to an interface for door contacts or other switches)

For interactive applications, however, other minimad export options would also be helpful.
    For each sequence: loop, black at the end, freeze frame at the end or automatic goto sequence x at the end.
    If then still no black screen would appear when switching, it would be perfect. But now we are probably far away from the usb keypad ...

holger