Update your miniMAD SD-card
First, you need to download the latest image of the miniMAD system (8 and 16GB versions are available) and the flashing tool that corresponds to your platform (“Win32DiskImager” for Windows, “Apple Pi-Baker” for Mac).
All those files are available to download on MadMapper YourSpace page: http://madmapper.com/yourspace
1. Double-click on the .tar.bz2 file to decompress it. Once finished you should have a .img file next to it.
2. Insert your miniMAD SD-card in your computer’s card-reader.
3. Launch "Apple Pi-Baker" and input your administrator password.
4. Select your SD-card in the devices list on the left.
5. Click on “Restore Backup” and select the .img disk-image file to start the operation.
1. Download and install WinRAR on your system: https://www.win-rar.com
2. Decompress the downloaded .tar.bz2 file by right-clicking --> Extract Here. Once finished you should have a .img file next to it.
3. Insert your miniMAD SD-card in your computer’s card-reader.
4. Launch "Win32DiskImager".
5. Browse and select the .img disk-image file.
6. Select the target device letter that corresponds to your SD-card - be careful: you may damage your system if you would select the wrong drive.
7. Click on “Write” and confirm to start the operation.
The flashing operation can take up to 20-30 minutes.
Now you're ready to use your miniMAD with MadMapper 3.1 and playback DMX/Artnet sequences.