Multiple Media
  • mbowman

Multiple Media

by mbowman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 am

Hi,

I was a little confused looking through the various documentation...so I want 4 media synced outputs that don’t need blending...miniMAD seems perfect for that...I see from the keyboard map you can select media 1-10 media’s...so my question is can you load 2 videos on to the 4 miniMADs and have a 2nd ‘look’ you can switch to and still have eventual sync across them all...or is it a choice...synced output or multiple media (video) files?

Thanks! Long time user of Madmapper and very thankful for it so I’d love to work these little guys into some of my smaller stuff.
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Multiple Media

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:09 am

I'm not sure to understand your question. Could you use an example?

miniMAD synchronization basically works using the following two rules:

Movie synchronization happens on every miniMADs playing a movie with the exact same frame count and
    framerate, even though their file names are different.

Every media-related action made on any miniMAD happens instantly and automatically to every miniMADs: media change*, pause, restart,playback mode, audio mode, image display-time.
    * media change works properly if every miniMADs contain a file with the same name, even though its content is different
  • mbowman

Re: Multiple Media

by mbowman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 am

That totally answers my question...my concern was having to change media on all the pi’s at the same time or if there would be a bit of non-sync, but if a media change in one does them all of them automatically then I will be good to go.

Thanks!