synchronisation problems
  • Markus Puhlmann

synchronisation problems

by Markus Puhlmann » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:42 am

hey,
    and thanx for help.

I have some problemes and questions about the synchronisation process of the miniMADs. when i first tried to
    set up a project with two projectors and two minimads with two synchronitzed video clips, i was quite happy with
    the result. there was only tiny offset between the two minimads by 1-2 frames as it is mentioned in the manuel.

But after several Loops of the clips (10min clips) it seems to me, that the offset became bigger. a lot bigger! maybe
    someting like 5-10 frames.

my question: is this normal? most synchronized media players do the synchronaziation by a trigger signal at the beginning
    of every loop? how does this work for the miniMad´s?
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: synchronisation problems

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:59 am

miniMAD are constantly resynchronizing, so my guess is that they're not connected to the same network.

Do you connect your miniMAD on a DHCP-enabled network?

You can check the IP address of each miniMAD by pushing the yellow button while holding the blue button (or press D on the connected USB keyboard).
  • imrsvhk

by imrsvhk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 am

Hi Markus,

I'd like to know if you resolved this?

@Pierre, have recent minimad updates addressed this?

I am planning an upcoming instal with 4 edge-blended minimads and I need to know they are going to sync, especially since my installation will run a long time. I'll have them connected on gigabit ethernet with a fast switch and cat 6 cables so networking should be fine.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

Best,
    Andy
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:26 pm

As mentioned in the manual:

miniMAD network synchronization can induce a one-frame delay between the different miniMADs.
    Therefor miniMAD is not the best solution for setups using edge-to-edge screens, side-by-side or soft-edge projections, using content that would highlight this delay.
    For such a setup, we advice you to use MadMapper software on a computer with several video-outputs.