miniMAD OSC (which port(s) does it use)
  • viesueelgeweld

miniMAD OSC (which port(s) does it use)

by viesueelgeweld » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Since the new MadMapper 3.3 update I'm working on a plugin for Ableton (and a stand-alone) OSC controller for the miniMad in video & sequence mode.

-Can anyone point me out to which network port the miniMAD is sending & listening for OSC commands?
    -When exporting a video mapping to the miniMAD I can't set the network-settings for the miniMAD (like static ip-adres) which you can do when you export dmx sequences.

There's no reference in the manual about ports or default ip-ranges when there's no DHCP. Any help is much appreciated!
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: miniMAD OSC (which port(s) does it use)

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm

You're right about the lack of details about network configuration for the miniMAD OSC control.
    We'll make sure to add more details in the next user-guide release.

To answer your question: miniMAD currently uses port 1111 to receive OSC commands.

If not configured through DHCP, miniMAD will get the IP 169.x.y.z with the mask: 255.0.0.0

So either you activate a DHCP server on your computer or you set your computer's ethernet connection to match this default configuration.
  • viesueelgeweld

by viesueelgeweld » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:34 pm

miniMAD-OSC Ableton plugin (proof of concept)

Unzip and drop in your Max Midi Effect folder of Ableton (guess it only works fot those who have Max for Live as well)

To Do:
    - Audio Effect that observes the track current playing clip and media index that's mapped to it
    - Mappable miniMAD media/sequence index number to clip

If anyone has a feature request or something else, drop a line... I'll update this plugin functionality in the upcoming months since I need it for an upcoming project as soon the Big LED Kickstarter has been delivered! :D
    Attachments
    miniMAD-OSC.amxd.zip
    (5.55 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 am

Thx, we will test that asap!
  • romain_t

by romain_t » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello there,

I've been trying to control the minimads through OSC with no success, not sure about what I'm doing wrong here:

- Minimads (blue version) have been updated with the latest SD card image available
    - Are connected to the same ethernet switch
    - Computer is using DHCP
    - Both Minimads are are visible in Vezer (OSC messages are going through as I can control Vezer in OSC between 2 computers)
    - I tried different types of OSC messages and values (float, integer) with no success.

Any clue?

Thanks!

• Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:11 am

For your particular example /pause you should use a OSC flag instead of a OSC value.

Did you try setting /set_master_luminosity as a OSC value set to float?
  • romain_t

by romain_t » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes, I tried both but no luck with this either. I'm using DHCP, hardwired to an ethernet hub, no other network connection is running in parallel, and it works between 2 computers running Vezer but no luck with the Minimads. Weird isn't it?

• Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Could you check the IP of your miniMAD and your computer are in the same IP-range?

On the miniMAD Video, press YELLOW while holding BLUE to display extra information.

An alternative is to use Bonjour Browser application.