Reliability for 9 month installation?
  • imrsvhk

Reliability for 9 month installation?

by imrsvhk » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi,

I am looking to install several networked minimad's for a semi-permanent installation.

The units will need to run for up to 12-14hrs a day for anywhere between 6-9 months.

Just wanted to hear if anyone has had any issues with hardware (such as overheating) or software (such as stuttering playback, or network sync issues) when used for long periods of time. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated.

Look forward to hearing any feedback and hopefully placing my order soon.

Best,
    Andy
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

Re: Reliability for 9 month installation?

by jasonbeyers » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Just got a Minimad a few months ago, and I've noticed that it stops working after a few days or weeks, requiring me to unplug it from power and plug it back in, and startup time seems to be around 40-50 seconds.

This is for DMX ArtNet playback, with a micromodul8 connected to it. The sequence lights on the micromodul8 remain lit, but the ArtNet output ceases after a period of time. I'm not sure how I can troubleshoot the issue, and it may just be my unit.

This is fine for my use case but with the experience I've had with it, I'd be cautious about a long term installation that doesn't allow for frequent power cycles. If you restart it every day it should be fine.
  • Oaktown

by Oaktown » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:10 pm

For what it's worth, I programmed a small Xmas light show on a Minimad 1st generation and the Minimad has been running for the past month without any issues at all.

If you have a permanent installation and would prefer to power cycle your MInimad, you can always plug it into a wall timer to turn it off/on daily or weekly.
  • balamsoto
    activ8 member

by balamsoto » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm

I have a 3 months non stop - or reboot
    projection running fine.
    the gallery forgot to reboot the minimad for the months