Sync Minimad (video) + Minimad (Lights)?
  • imrsvhk

Sync Minimad (video) + Minimad (Lights)?

by imrsvhk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:33 am

Hi,

SO, I am working on a show which is using 4 sync'ed minimads with 4 projectors. This is all working as expected.

I had planned to use one Minimad to play DMX also, however just discovered that the minimad can only be used to control video OR light NOT both..

Luckily, I have another minimad. Testing it with the recorded light sequence appears to work.

My question is, how can I ensure the minimad controlling the lights is in-fact in sync with the others (and vice versa)

From what I see with the minimad to control the lights it's a case of hitting record and playing a clip to "dump" the dmx controls. This is not as accurate as the videos that are being exported from the minimad (video) so I'm concerned that they may be out of sync.

Can anyone give me any indication on if what I'm trying to do is possible? If the clips are not the exact same length will things slowly go out of sync? Overall I want to ensure the video loops are in sync. If the light is slightly off that's fine, but I cannot risk it affecting the video.

Look forward to any replies from anyone with experience using minimads for lights.

Thx,
    Andy
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Sync Minimad (video) + Minimad (Lights)?

by Pierre Guilluy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:02 pm

We would like to add Video & Light synchronization feature, but as you mentioned, we must ensure the DMX & Video tracks can be properly synchronized, which should be reflected in MadMapper, and we still need to figure out a proper solution to that problem.