MiniMad not playing recorded animations
  • daecarson

MiniMad not playing recorded animations

by daecarson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Greetings-
    I am having a new issue with recording to my MiniMad from MadMapper, as it simply isnt working!

I am on a Mac, my workflow is MadMapper > Advatek PixLite 16 MkII Plug and Play > LEDs. Everything works fine when I have the network cable plugged directly into my mac, I can cycle through animations, I can play a recorded MiniMad animation from the dialog window, however as soon as I export to the MiniMad itself and connect it to the network cable nothing happens even when unplugging/re-plugging. I am having this similar problem working from windows to Minimad, in this instance I was working from Windows MadMapper > PixLite 4 MkII ECO. Both MadMapper applications are the 3.6.5 versions and am wondering if I need to revert back to an older version, as I didn't run into this problem at all when I had baked animations to a MiniMad in November of this last year.

Any insight into why this could be occurring would be great! There are some screengrabs from my tests here:https://photos.app.goo.gl/UUJvxz7zBcJoJ5DH6.
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

Re: MiniMad not playing recorded animations

by jasonbeyers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:48 am

I had the exact same problem, but with a Pixlite 4 MKII, and I reported it to Garagecube support. Connecting the miniMad directly to the Pixlite simply does not work, regardless of the DNS settings I defined for the MiniMad or the settings on the Pixlite (I tried dozens of combos of all settings).

My solution was to place a network switch between the miniMad and the Pixlite, and things suddenly started working. Based on Advatek's Pixlite manual, I got a switch with IGMP support, specifically this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN ... UTF8&psc=1

Connecting the miniMad and Pixlite to the same network switch solved my issue. But it would be nice if I didn't have to do that..

P.S. The MiniMad documentation should probably make a note about Advatek controllers
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 am

Directly connecting a PixLite and a miniMAD works as long as you manually configured both devices to the same IP-range & netmask.

Is your switch connected to a local network with a DHCP router?
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

by jasonbeyers » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Indeed, I did set the Pixlite and MiniMAD with the same IP address range and subnet mask, I still can't get it to work with a direct connection. I've tested a regular cat6 ethernet cable and a patch cable, no luck.

Direct connection with miniMAD and other Artnet controllers/fixtures works just fine. Direct connection from my Mac and the Pixlite also works just fine, using the very same cables.

Placing a network switch in the middle fixed things for MiniMAD+Pixlite. No router was involved in any of these tests, as I was aiming for the simplest and most reliable wiring possible.
  • aidanlincoln

by aidanlincoln » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:30 am

I had the same issue but found a fix. I had set the MiniMad IP to the same IP as used in Advatek Assistant and the madmapper unicast artnet interface table. What ended up working was setting the MiniMad IP to the same as the ethernet port directly connecting the pixlite and my mac while programming the sd card. (This is the same IP that shows up under the DMX output device menu "interface")

Indeed, I did set the Pixlite and MiniMAD with the same IP address range and subnet mask, I still can't get it to work with a direct connection. I've tested a regular cat6 ethernet cable and a patch cable, no luck.

Direct connection with miniMAD and other Artnet controllers/fixtures works just fine. Direct connection from my Mac and the Pixlite also works just fine, using the very same cables.

Placing a network switch in the middle fixed things for MiniMAD+Pixlite. No router was involved in any of these tests, as I was aiming for the simplest and most reliable wiring possible.
  • max-light

by max-light » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:32 pm

Directly connecting a PixLite and a miniMAD works as long as you manually configured both devices to the same IP-range & netmask.

Is your switch connected to a local network with a DHCP router?
    Hello,

Just have the same issue. Advatek PixLite 4 MKII works fine with MadMapper, I can play all sequences from MadMapper. But once I transfer my sequences to SDCard, connect MiniMad to PixLite, it doesn't work. I tried a lot of combinations...

This is my setup:

PixLite static IP: 2.0.0.2 with 255.0.0.0 mask
    MadMapper PC IP: 2.0.0.1 with 255.0.0.0 mask
    MiniMad IP setting (from "MadLight Recorder" tab in MadMapper -> export to MiniMad -> network configuration->manual): 2.0.0.3 with 255.0.0.0 mask. (I tried also 2.0.0.1 with 255.0.0.0 like a PC setting but still doesn't works)

Then insert SDCard to MiniMad, disconnect ethernet cable from PC and connect it to MiniMad, then power on a MiniMad...nothing

A step-by-step manual of how to get this all to work would be greatly appreciated...
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:50 am

This has been fixed in MadMapper 5.2.4.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • anselan

by anselan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:25 am

Can confirm!

Upgrading to 5.2.4 fixed the issue for me.

I'm very grateful that it was resolved, but it was a bit unnerving having zero useful error messages or anything. I had just purchased a brand new MiniMad and I thought I must be doing something wrong. This is a super important bug fix.