Problems Exporting to Minimad
  • Mr. Light Guy

Problems Exporting to Minimad

by Mr. Light Guy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:10 am

Thanks for any help on the topic.

I had a recent project where I was trying to export two videos and a JPEG image to the micro card. I set each video to play media list and turned off the loop function under the preview window. Each video exported correctly and was available to use on the Minimad for loop, random, and play media list.

When I went to export the JPEG (also set to media list) it overwrote the 2 videos and erased them. All I was left with was the JPEG image after exporting it. I even tried exporting the JPEG image first, and when I exported a video it erased the JPEG. I then tried exporting a .PNG file with the same results. I also changed the loop current media, play media list, and play media list random with no luck.

I was wondering if there is a specific way that I need to export so that I can have both the videos and the still JPEG image? Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you.
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Problems Exporting to Minimad

by franz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 am

strange, we'll look at this issue.
    Meanwhile you can export your videos with mad mapper, and then just copy the jpeg image manually on the card, if this helps.
  • Mr. Light Guy

by Mr. Light Guy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:29 am

Hi Franz,

Thank you for the reply and the tip. I tried dropping the JPEG on the card without exporting it and all that happened was a gray screen upon boot up of the Minimad. I guess I'll see if it get's worked out with the next update. Thanks again!
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:43 am

are you using MadMapper 2.2.5 to export ?
    (more specifically minimad software 1.1.2 ? - that's written in the "export to minimad" box, on the top)
  • tomkoach

by tomkoach » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Hello Mr. Light Guy

you have found the solution to operate the SD card?

I have the same problem as you
  • chindo

by chindo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:46 am

Please Help. I couldn´t find the minimad SD card on mad mapper export. I format an then mount image using Apple Pi Baker and the problem persist.
    Any other ApplePi Baker image to test??
    Thanks
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

by ProjectileObjects » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:43 pm

chindo wrote:Please Help. I couldn´t find the minimad SD card on mad mapper export. I format an then mount image using Apple Pi Baker and the problem persist.
    Any other ApplePi Baker image to test??
    Thanks

I don't think Madmapper will export to an image, it wants you to plug in the physical microSD card. Export to your microSD card, after it automatically unmounts, mount it again, and copy the minimad mapping folder over to your desktop, if you go to export again, once your done you can add the other media clips back into that folder and they will be added to the media queue.