Soft-edge support in miniMAD?
  • Ivoo3D

Soft-edge support in miniMAD?

by Ivoo3D » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 pm

will the miniMad export my movies when I use madmapper with softedge? (in my case vertical-softedge?)
    If not, any suggestion to overcome this issue? (beside syphon recorder)

Thanks in advanced.
    Ivo
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Soft-edge support in miniMAD?

by Pierre Guilluy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Soft-edge requires MadMapper and a computer with all the video-outputs are on the same graphics-adapter to unsure perfect-synchronization.

miniMAD's synchronization is meant for screen-based video-walls and separate video-projections, but isn't meant to do edge-to-edge and soft-edge projection for two reasons:
    - the video-signal between the miniMADs are not synced at the hardware level
    - the network-synchronization of the miniMAD can have up to one frame of delay, like any other network-based synchronization mechanism
  • Ivoo3D

by Ivoo3D » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Many thanks for the detailed answer!
    I always learn something.
    Currently, managed to solve my problem with pre-rendered soft-edge and masks, and the 2 miniMad works well in sync. (or I couldn't notice any frame-delay)
    Anyway some mask support would be nice to have in the forthcoming miniMad and having 'perspective transform' function with triangle surfaces (like with the quad surfaces in madMapper).

Merci
    Cheers, Ivo
  • gnomalab

by gnomalab » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Ivoo3D wrote:Many thanks for the detailed answer!
    I always learn something.
    Currently, managed to solve my problem with pre-rendered soft-edge and masks, and the 2 miniMad works well in sync. (or I couldn't notice any frame-delay)
    Anyway some mask support would be nice to have in the forthcoming miniMad and having 'perspective transform' function with triangle surfaces (like with the quad surfaces in madMapper).

Merci
    Cheers, Ivo

A curiosity, how have you done the pre render with the adjustment? It occurs to me through syphon and capturing with another program.