more than 2 MInimad synch over ethernet and stability
  • gnomalab

more than 2 MInimad synch over ethernet and stability

by gnomalab » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:13 pm

I am very happy with the operation of my minimad and I have opted for the above other options to use it in a fixed installation in a museum, where stability is the most important in this case. I choose the Minimad mainly because its use is extremely simple, because it will allow to readjust warping if necessary. So I'm going to ask for 3 more minimad to try them out in sync. I have some questions:

1- According to the characteristics of the minimad, it is possible to synchronize several minimad connected by ethernet. But that question a silly question ... I take for granted that to connect more than 2, it has to be all connected to an ethernet hub. Is it so?
    2- If I connect only two Minimad can they be connected directly to each other without hub?

3- Another problem that worries me is the stability in the on and off of the current. If there is a power failure, can there be any problem with the rapsberry pi? Since it has no power button, I imagine that when reconnecting reconnect everything again.

thanks in advance
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: more than 2 MInimad synch over ethernet and stability

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:27 am

For questions 1 & 2 please refer to the bottom of the miniMAD webpage: http://www.madmapper.com/minimad/

3. Even if it's always better to turn the miniMAD properly (cf controls on webpage), miniMAD is power-cut proof.
    However, I advice you to make a clone of your SD-card(s) in case a data corruption happens and prevents the miniMAD from starting.
  • sanemapper

by sanemapper » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 am

When multiple minimads are networked, does each minimad have independent control of the mapping and image warping?

On the website it says this:

"Every media-related action made on any miniMAD happens instantly and automatically to every miniMADs: media change*, pause, restart, playback mode, audio mode, image display-time."

From this paragraph it sounds like there is no independent mapping control on each minimad?

Thanks
  • Sebastien-R

by Sebastien-R » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Hello Sanemapper,

When you use multiple miniMADs with network synchronisation, you can apply different and independant image warping.
    if you want modify a warping property of one miniMAD, you can do it with an usb keyboard or with the miniMAD's red button.
    The synchronisation concern the player (pause/next/previous/playback).

:wink: