One way of using the media set and the iPad is using the iPad as a second screen with the AirDisplay app and put the media window on the iPad. The screen will be touch sensitive. And if you can't drag the media window off the main screen (I can't remember if you can) you can use one of the modules that displays the media library on the iPad. Modules can be dragged of the main screen for sure. And since you can't use Touch OSC at the same time you might want to put some more modules on iPad screen if there is enough space.
You can use the iPad and a cheap little midi controller like the Korg Nano Keys. There is nothing like the tactile feel of a real "physical" midi controller.
I was planing scratching video to match some cue points when live performing with singers if they increase or decrease or hold speed during interact with audience.Allen & Heath products are nice. But I would test it (or any midi based job wheel) before buying. If you're thinking of scratching video - it's really overrated and not so exciting in reality in my opinion. It's not like scratching vinyl.
Very good quality build, heavy, bulky, expensive and the buttons are tricky to get to work properly in md8. I have a Xone 4D which is also a dj mixer but I wouldn't get a 1D as there are much more practical and cheaper controllers out there.
I think I need a MIDI controller with scratch jog.
I found this MIDI controller,
http://www.allen-heath.com/xone/xone1d
any opinion or advice with this one?
For now I don't have clip selection mapped in any way. I prefer the trackpad for that task at the moment, my preferred method would be an ipad-type situation, which seems to make the most sense for relating to the M8 UI.so how do you map the media set? or you just use them via mouse?The best controller for Modul8 varies wildly based on how you want to play, whats comfortable, whats affordable, and what sort of enviroment you are in.
Personally I use a Akai MPD 24 for now, and use the pads to "play" effects, and map the faders and knobs to various other controls. I've had multiple set-ups over the years (including a BCR-2000 coupled with a M-Audio Axiom 25 key keyboard) and this is the one that I've stuck with the longest, going on about two years now. Soon I'll be switching to an iPad for my main UI controls (running touchosc) and the new Vestax Pad One for playing effects.
thx for all you guys~Very good quality build, heavy, bulky, expensive and the buttons are tricky to get to work properly in md8. I have a Xone 4D which is also a dj mixer but I wouldn't get a 1D as there are much more practical and cheaper controllers out there.
I think I need a MIDI controller with scratch jog.
I found this MIDI controller,
http://www.allen-heath.com/xone/xone1d
any opinion or advice with this one?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests
Copyright 2017 © garageCube. All Rights Reserved. Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited.