tips to organize Module Library
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

tips to organize Module Library

by Lupin » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:30 am

Hi fellows
    i think everyone has the same problem with module organisation.
    hrer is the way i oragnize my libray. I use several prefixes for modules depensing on if it's one of my creation or a beta version or a 2.03 version.
    for beta version i use the greek beta sign ß done with the shortcut alt+B
    for older modules in order to put them to the end of the list i use the large dot sign • (alt+@) which appears after the roman alphabet . for my modules and modified ones i use my company's acronyme (vs) and finally as a separator i create in the editor blank modules made of dashed lines.

here is 2 screen captures:
    module editor view

module dropdown window

i hope it will be helpful to u to find the best solution to organize your lib.
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
    VJ-A2D
    activ8 member

by VJ-A2D » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:37 am

thanx ;)
    Plus2 Collectiv
    The Midi Thief
    master

A little warning!

by The Midi Thief » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:41 pm

Lupin, this is a great tip. It makes it very easy handling all the subversions during development of modules and keeping all the finished modules in a good order.

However - using the ß symbol for beta and • for older versions in the module names may cause some serious trouble in Modul8 2.5.2 and earlier versions. It will cause Modul8 to crash when mapping keys or midi to these modules. Not during the actual mapping, but when triggering the selected button or midi note.This just caused me a week of bug testing and I thought I'd save all you others the trouble. I'm not 100% sure if this effect all systems and if it's Intel macs only.

I will here on change all my ßs to B, even if it's less logic and esthetic .
    VJ-A2D
    activ8 member

by VJ-A2D » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:48 am

Yo Lupin !

How's that Vixid module coming up ?
    I just bought me one (still waiting for delivery), and was looking into some vixid patches they coded in PureData.
    What have you got going for your module ?
    What is its purpose ?
    Do you need beta testers ?
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:53 am

VJ-A2D wrote:Yo Lupin !

How's that Vixid module coming up ?
    I just bought me one (still waiting for delivery), and was looking into some vixid patches they coded in PureData.
    What have you got going for your module ?
    What is its purpose ?
    Do you need beta testers ?

i'm waiting for the final release of the vixid, for the time being the beta version i have can only support Midi Out and unfortunatly M8 and vixid can't communication both way. i started to sketch up an ergonomic study for a module or maybe severals modules coz the vjx16-4 has to many possibilites and i'm afraid it won't be possible to enable every combinations of its functions. but yeah i need beta testers and also help for coding modules (i don't have enough time though ....)
    the main purpose of the current vixid module is to bind layer switch and blend modes with modul8 and simply forget about the vixid and only use a module to controle the core functions of the video mixer.
    the most impressive and funny way to play with M8 and a vixid is to use the power of video camera input and layer blends. am I clear enough? huh
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/