2.5 holding camera frame.
  • vjjv

2.5 holding camera frame.

by vjjv » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:26 pm

Just a quick note to say thanks for 2.5 Spectacular.

I used 2.5 on it's release day and noticed a difference I like.. perhaps it was done earlier and I didn't notice.

I have a Sony dv camera and it and when I turn the camera on, I get an image as expected through Module8.. If I don't start recording
    the camera will turn itself off after 5 minutes, and at that time, Module8 would loose signal and swithch to my MacBook Pro's internal camera, suprisingly at times, suddenly seeing my face up on the screen.

So, what's different is that when the sony camera now gets to the end of the 5 minutes period (ie on, but not recording), and the camera switches itself off, instead of switching to the internal camera, Module8 freezes the last frame.. and keeps the image just like a still image

Obviously I notice this and with a touch of the sony camera, the camera is live again.

Oh, and it works the sameway when getting to the end of tape.

Perhaps this isn't new news, but I just noticed it and really like the difference.

Thanks again
    "Know your monkey"
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:58 pm

Have you tried your camera without a tape in it, doing this should stop it turning off every five minutes.

Nutcracker
  • vjjv

by vjjv » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:19 pm

Hey,

I just tried that... no tape... works great.

Thanks for the tip. That's a big help and now I am not so annoyed with my camera.

:lol:
    "Know your monkey"