use of matrox triplehead2go
  • das ist

use of matrox triplehead2go

by das ist » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:01 pm

I've just bought a triplehead2go.And now i'm wondering if there is a solution to the following problem:

I want to project with 3 beamers above each other, so if you have a screen size of 640 x 480 the total will be 640 x 1440

But the triplehead2go needs an input of 1920 x 480, and the th2go will split it up in 3 outputs of 640 x 480

So is there a way to have in your preview the 3 screens above each other and the output will be 1920 x 480

Niek
  • incuf

by incuf » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 pm

For what I've read, you can´t pivot your Lcd o beamers, as the output is one large horizontal image.

What resolutions options you get in mac? 1920x480 is available?

cheers

IncuF
  • xno

Triple Head 2 Go --vertical--

by xno » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:01 am

I'm trying out the same rig for a video installation. From what I understand the Matrox cards can only display a horizontal desktop. So what I would do is rotate the clips 90 degrees and adjust the position manually on the canvas to match the screens...could this work?
    Record>Splinter>Scramble
    www.xnografikz.com
  • ignatz

vertical insted of horizontal with matrox

by ignatz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi!

First post... be gentle ;o)

For you to use the projectors (or what ever final) in vertical mode, insted of horizontal (that comes by default in matrox) the only thing you need (in mac) is to switch the direction in the display settings. It comes by default in horizontal, but you can switch to 90º, 180º and 270º.

Hope it helps :o)

regards!
  • MrRooh

by MrRooh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 pm

we've tried rotating the clips 90° but it wont work, the matrox screen is still horizontal and just the clip it self will be rotated 90 degrees.
    the solution we found is to put the videos beside each other and just crop the top of the video on the left screen, the top and the bottom on the center screen and the bottom on the right screen.
    so in the end you end up with 3 cropped videos(layers) that make no sense in the preview screen but fit together onn the projection.

the problem we faced here was we had to switch clips between all 3 layers at exact the same time. this would be no problem if you have a second computer and use the one connected to the tripple head 2 go only as splitting machine. but i was wondering if there is a solution to do that wiith only one computer. something like capturing the videos within mmodul8 it self (REAL layer duplicating). 1 masterlayer with 2 following slave layers who have an instant connection to the master layer.

does anybody know if theres a module to switch clips at the same time on 3 different layers?