Sync Timeline with BPM?
  • MrRooh

Sync Timeline with BPM?

by MrRooh » Sun May 20, 2007 1:17 pm

hey,i just cant figure out how to sync the videos timeline with the bpm.
    what id like to do is tapping with exact the same video sequences on every beat/tap. if you know what i mean.

e.g. i have a video on group a and a video on group b and i let the bpm router tap between group a and b.
    what id like to do now is, crop the timeline to just a few frames so just one scene is shown very fast over and over again. and now this scene should be linkes to BPM to play just once every beat.
    so if group A plays - layer one plays my clip once and if it taps to group B - layer 2 plays once.

can you follow me? really didnt know how to describe ;)

thanks in advance!

eze
    oscillocamtv

by oscillocamtv » Mon May 21, 2007 4:28 am

BPM ROUTER (Layer) module set to the layer 'scrub' knob (ctrl_layer_movie_shuttle2) and drive the knob w/the sawtooth "in" or "out" waveform. Set layer movie speed to "0" and under layer "opt" play w/the in/out point to select your scene to follow whatever division or multiple of the bpm you'll need. Of course you may want to do this on either side of the crossfader to create your look.

I recently had almost the same question and a previous post had answered it. Good Luck.

cheers,
    jk
  • MrRooh

by MrRooh » Wed May 23, 2007 8:42 pm

oh yeah thats it! :)

thx a lot!