multiple video in feeds, using flash objects ( works)
  • benga

multiple video in feeds, using flash objects ( works)

by benga » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am

hello all
    just imported multiple .swf webcam flash object into the M8 2.5 mediabank.
    the fun thing is that one can multiply the feeds, it's just a question of configuring the flashobject right for the input ( no reason it should remain a webcam....) and setting the flash authorisations to on.
    you can then combine different flash run video in feeds with m8's capture. Now the key issue is wether or not it is possible to create flash objects handling different live feeds, from different sources, simultaneously.
    here is a screen shot of different flash objects running the same isight ( didn't have more cameras with me- so this is a simulation, but one could potentially, if flash allows it, hook up a DV, a webcam, a security cam and have multiple live video feeds, unless there is a flash limitation which is unavoidable.
    Even though they're the same device, the isight webcam, these live feeds are actually different media ( check the media bank) feeding frol the same source, yet not duplicates of the same.
    and they are combined with m8 video capture, set on a different, infrared webcam ( the black and white image )

http://strangebirds.free.fr/screen/Image%205.png

this is fun

all the best

ben
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • benga

by benga » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 am

here is a double video live feed using two flash objects. One is a regular webcam and the black and white image an infrared modified webcam.
    http://strangebirds.free.fr/screen/Image%207.png

modul8's video capture is not used

ben
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:28 pm

Nice one.

Do i need the full version of Macromedia Flash to create a webcam object?
  • benga

by benga » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:40 pm

VJnutcracker wrote:Nice one.

Do i need the full version of Macromedia Flash to create a webcam object?

yes, you could import existing ones in swf format, but they're a little rare and you'll be wanting to go into the settings a little, at least for size issues. I'm not flash expert, but worked from existing objects for motion detection and then worked my way into the parameters in flash. what is really nice is that although they're called webcam objects, they work fine with any video feed, we tested them with professional DV cams and the like.
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:32 am

Sounds ideal for a 2 camera live show, one on firewire the other using USB capture.

Dont suppose you're feeling generous enough to upload an example file are you, my friend :D
  • benga

by benga » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:51 am

VJnutcracker wrote:Sounds ideal for a 2 camera live show, one on firewire the other using USB capture.

Dont suppose you're feeling generous enough to upload an example file are you, my friend :D

sure. here's a basic one, with motion detection.

http://strangebirds.free.fr/screen/cambasic.swf

to assign the cams you need to ctrl click on the object in flash player and go into the parameters and assign the camera source.
    do this before importing the swf into modul8's media bank.

I've also gone into details in this thread
    http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3590

ben
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks very much, very kind.

I'm gonna have a try now.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Thank you for sharing.
    I run latest version that supposed to allow flash files, but getting "media not supported" message.
    I opened your sample in Flash CS3 and set up my webcam, but that saved file is not loadable in M8.
    I have not used Flash since v.4 and successfully forgot everything I knew even then. Could you help a little.
  • benga

by benga » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:32 am

vanakaru wrote:Thank you for sharing.
    I run latest version that supposed to allow flash files, but getting "media not supported" message.
    I opened your sample in Flash CS3 and set up my webcam, but that saved file is not loadable in M8.
    I have not used Flash since v.4 and successfully forgot everything I knew even then. Could you help a little.

hi. can't really help you on this one. I just redownloaded the file from the link and imported it into the modul8 media bank and it works fine for me. I run modul8 2.5.5 as well. here's a screenshot I just took of the downloaded file running in modul8 2.5.5 http://reeverse.com/m8.png
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • benga

by benga » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:13 am

from your message it seems like you modified the file in flash, and i'm thinking that maybe you didn't export it to the right format ( swf). if you just click save you'll prbably end up with an fla file or something. the format you want is swf.

yet in this case, you don't actually need to open the example i sent you, in flash, it works as is. The only thing you need to do is assign the video input source in the parameters.

just download the file and open it either with flash player ( freeware) or with your webbrowser. You can then ctrl click to the parameters and set up the camera source in the file parameters as explained. then drag the file into the m8 media bank without making or saving any modifications
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Thanks! Actually it was my user account that prevented me from loading flash files. So I got it working.
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:15 pm

It is possible to create a Quartz Composer document with a live feed patch set to whatever video input you want. Then just drag and drop it into the media set and select it. You can do this with multiple inputs and even avoid using the 'live input' options from the Special Media panel so it is easier to change which layers use which life feeds.
  • benga

by benga » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 am

is such a (standalone ?) quartz composer patch available for download somewhere ?
    I'd read about such a solution before on the forum, and would love to try this out. but i've never used quartz composer and from browsing the QC wikis pretty much wouldn't know where to start.
    I imagine quartz composer would also be a great way of working on some of the things i was mentioning in this thread, such as video motion sensing / motion detection, and in a much more stable way than a swf object dropped into the M8 mediabank.
    really i would love to try QC patches out.

thanks

ben
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks for this request. I will create a patch for download and a small tutorial for how to do this using modul8 and post the article on the modul8 blog. I'll announce it here when I am done.
  • benga

by benga » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:30 am

that's great news; will be looking forward to it.

thanks again Ilan
    cie sisyphe heureux