how can i set up a delay-effekt ("echo" in after e
  • anne neu

how can i set up a delay-effekt ("echo" in after e

by anne neu » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:27 pm

hello,

does anybody know, how I can produce a delay effect like after effects "echo" ?

i am interested in using this effect for live-vjing in general (with clips in the media set) and for live-captured-movies...

thank you for any tip...!

anne neu
    [/img][/url]
    anneneu.net
  • jm302
    super8 member

by jm302 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:41 pm

I'm not familiar with the Echo effect of AE, but I'm guessing the Modul8 Trace effect is what you're looking for. When using Trace, you'll get the best results if you keep the layers mostly transparent (try it out and you'll see what I mean). Good luck.

Cheers,
    Justin
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist" -- Anonymous

http://www.302acid.com
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:52 pm

yep, I think trace is the closest effect of what you whant to do, but you can only see the trace effect with transparency so use the luma key effect or the layer opacity to see the result. good luck
    chromafresh
    super8 member

by chromafresh » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:05 am

Trace is OK in that it leaves behind visible trails on a background, however what echo is is that it there is animation in the trails as well. One thing I do sometimes is put an image with alpha on the topmost layer and leave 2, 3, 4 open. Then when I want to start sort of an echo effect I'll punch one of the scratch knobs on the beat, and then duplicate, duplicate, duplicate, all on the beat... and this gets you time offset versions of the same layer that sort of resembles an echo... of course you can play with the copied layers transparencys to get something even closer again... Unfortunately if you switch layer sets and come back everything will sync again so you will have to offset with scratch knobs etc.