Multiple MiDI maps
  • mowgli_uk
    master

Multiple MiDI maps

by mowgli_uk » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 pm

A workaround to having multiple MIDI maps is to copy your modul8 preferences -com.GarageCUBE.modul8_25.plist
    with your current MIDI map set as default. You give it an extension as in trigger finger or whatever and save it somewhere else( in a folder inside the preferences folder is a convenient place). You do this with all your different MIDI maps and then all you have to do is copy the appropriate file in the preferences folder (restoring its name) when you want to swap MIDI maps.
    Its not the most convenient but it works and it has the advantage that you have backups of loads of other parameters too, just in case!.

I hope this helps :wink:
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:41 pm

It sounds interesting. i shall try this soon and could somebody figure out a applescript that will load the desired pref. with one key stroke.
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:36 pm

I usually prefer creating a document based midi map. I create several without any media in it and when I want a particular map I just open up the particular one I want and load media into it.

Mostly though VJ'ing all night can be pretty boring if there is not some spontaneity to it so I usually make a bunch of media and then use the night to experiment with it which usually means doing a lot of mapping on the fly. Does not seem to bother anybody.

For the 'rock show' style stuff I use 1 .md8 file for each song. So each song has its own mapping and everything is rehearsed.

Just my two cents on the subject.