firewire out of modul8
  • gvilt

firewire out of modul8

by gvilt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:38 am

I'm running a project where I want to generate visuals in Modul8 and then run some post production in vvvv. sadly vvvv only runs on a pc (and modul8 vice versa), so i've been thinking of ways to get the two to talk to each other.

The cleanest way (not necessarily possible) would be to send the video out of modul8 using dv firewire and connect that stream up to a pc.
    Is there a way of doing this with grabber raster or otherwise??
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:23 am

I would be interested of this solution as well. There are some really smooth working multimedia apps on Windows platform that mac lacks.
    There has bees some discussion sending data over network, but I have not seen any clear working system yet.
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 am

why do you think dv is clean?
    dv compression is quite harsh - especially for graphics. you could try using an analogue to digital converter, but they usually can't handle the VJ colorspace very well.
    it would be much 'cleaner' to use a DVI ->SDI converter as you will get 4:2:2 instead of 4:2:0

its very unlikely you will get video out of the firewire port without using dv compression first, which modul8 isn't designed to do.