What's your setup look like?
  • theScam

What's your setup look like?

by theScam » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi there, I just started using Modul8 and have been messing around for a few weeks trying to get something together for my friends band.

I was wondering what people's setups are like. What midi controllers do you use, what is your key mapping like, how do you like to organize your media and put together a performance, what modules do you use the most? I thought an exchange of pictures of different people's setups could be beneficial not only to myself, but the whole community.

Thanks for responding,
    Sam
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:13 am

keep your show file in the same folder as your media.

as for the MIDI and so on, well ... for example, there are about 15 of us in London who use M8 and no one does the same thing with it. we all have different set ups, and techniques,,
    its called modul8 for a reason.

just MIDI map the things you use, and forget about the things you don't.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 pm

I use different interface configurations and controllers for different projects.
    From a set up using a codanova which acts as an 8 channel video mixer to a more simple trigger and scratch set up using a triggerfinger to a set up configured to use the painter module.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:49 pm

And I forgot about my set up using the Behringer BCR as a sound reactive visual synth.

Modul8's possibilities are so huge that there's no one solution that will suit everything.