lost in hardware, video projector and video card suggestion
  • benga

lost in hardware, video projector and video card suggestion

by benga » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 pm

hello all,
    sorry for the slightly redundant topic, we're currently planning to invest in a little hardware for running modul8 and are a little lost in the different possibilities and suggestions.

we would like to know what modul8 user's suggestions would be when it comes to a multi out video card, and a video projector.
    the company has a and old projector, and we're looking for a new one, which could project black (ie when there's no signal, no light is projected).

for the video card, we're looking for one which would enable to do multiple displays using modul8

we're running a 4 core macpro with leopard.

thanks for the input which is greatly appreciated

ben
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • ignatz

by ignatz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi!

I've been testing module 8 with a macbook pro 256Mb Nvidia (shared memory). I'm also able to get 3 video projectors connected to the MatroxTriplehead2Go with a 800x600 resolution (for each projector that give a total of 2400x600 resolution). You need to check matrox website to see wich best card gives you the best resolution. If you are going to use mac pro then you can use several cards (4 max) to get 8 outputs max.

Related to projectors, there isnt any projector that when goes black, stop emmiting light. I'm using Barco R12+ performers, Barco IQ300 (old old old) and Nec NP4000. Only the barco projectors give me the hability to black out the output, but for that i need to press PAUSE in the remote controller. This pause is a shutter that closes behind the lens and stop emmiting light. But even when they go black there is always some light going out.

Hope it helps :o)

Regards
  • Jaysonaut

Re: lost in hardware, video projector and video card sugges

by Jaysonaut » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:00 am

I need some help with buying harware, too. 3 Matrox T2G vs. 3 HD 5770 (with 3 outputs each) in Mac Pro for an 8 output setup.

I want to show the sections I once chose in the representation area, each on one monitor. Something like a split videowall.

Is it possible to route the exact outputs of the advanced outputsection to the outputs of the Matrox one by one?

You would help me a lot with an answer! Thanks and best regards!! Jaysonaut
  • Jaysonaut

Re: lost in hardware, video projector and video card sugges

by Jaysonaut » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Maybe the following would be a sollution:
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/de/produ ... 88pciex16/

Problem: the card works with windows and linux only. So maybe somebody knows a similar card working with mac? Or I build up a pc-system with capturecard (for m8 input) and some software (for example resolume) to manage the multiple output. Quite expensive in any way...