mapping
  • blackroots

mapping

by blackroots » Wed May 27, 2009 12:06 am

i also really new in modul8,before i use resolume,can anyone give me an advice about mapping,like how do you make all lines in cube media for example,all connected? or how do you switch on several layers together?
  • blackroots

mapping

by blackroots » Wed May 27, 2009 12:08 am

i also really new in modul8,before i use resolume,can anyone give me an advice about mapping,like how do you make all lines in cube media for example,all connected? or how do you switch on several layers together?
  • anomad
    master

Re: mapping

by anomad » Wed May 27, 2009 4:13 am

blackroots wrote:i also really new in modul8,before i use resolume,can anyone give me an advice about mapping,like how do you make all lines in cube media for example,all connected? or how do you switch on several layers together?

. 1 - i'm not sure i understand what you mean by the 'lines in cube media' being connected

. 2 - you can map individual controls to each layer and hit them all at the same time or you could create a simple module that would 'listen' for one control and then turn on/off certain layers
  • vj_ava

Re: mapping

by vj_ava » Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 am

blackroots wrote:i also really new in modul8,before i use resolume,can anyone give me an advice about mapping,like how do you make all lines in cube media for example,all connected? or how do you switch on several layers together?

I taught myself, you should too. I found a few ways people have done this, but there really is only one that works for me. Learn your tools and the concept, you should be fine. Teach yourself though, it is more rewarding....
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm also new in VJing and have a question how to do this effect in Modul8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3fDroQuaM&feature=related

I know about mapping 3D objects but how to realize this line-effect and moving glow I don't know.

Would be great to get an how-to of you guys.

thanx[/url]
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 pm

You could do a clunky version making the animation with the painter module, a bit of blur etc although I'm sure that that's not how your sample was done.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:31 am

. i would hazard a guess that you could take a still photo of the area you wanted to do this to, then create a video clip that does the lines/animation

. it's not clear if they're doing that 'real time' or not.
  • vj_ava

by vj_ava » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 pm

mowgli_uk wrote:You could do a clunky version making the animation with the painter module, a bit of blur etc although I'm sure that that's not how your sample was done.

That was made using 3D stroke, that is how he had the light move. 3D mapping is really easy once you get your head around what you are actually doing.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:36 pm

well according to the movie it was done with Maxmsp/jitter
    It looks like it was done quickly in real time.
  • vj_ava

by vj_ava » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:02 am

mowgli_uk wrote:well according to the movie it was done with Maxmsp/jitter
    It looks like it was done quickly in real time.

I get the same exact effect with 3D Stroke and it make life easy, at least for me. There are always one than one way to do things.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:20 pm

You're missing the point. This is done LIVE. 3D stroke is great for production but not really a live performance tool.
  • vj_ava

by vj_ava » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:53 am

mowgli_uk wrote:You're missing the point. This is done LIVE. 3D stroke is great for production but not really a live performance tool.

You said it looks like it was done in real time, not that it was. Either way, that is pretty freakin neat to do live.
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:47 am

looks to me like an outline mask with white lines rotated behind it.
    no need to trace the stroke