Moving layer set content around between groups.
  • ilan

Moving layer set content around between groups.

by ilan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:00 pm

One of my problems with the first version of modul8 has now been solved in version 2.
    I used to have a bunch of layers say in layer set 1. If I wanted the same set in another layer there was no way to move a bunch of layers into another layer set.
    Now with the trusty a/b banks I can just drag the layers that are say in set:1 bank:a into say set:3 bank:b and then change bank:a set to say 8 and bring may layers into that set.

Just sharing my enthusiasm for how an added feature can turn out to also solve a problem.

-i
    xrayconcept

by xrayconcept » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:16 pm

Hi,
    How do you drag the whole layers of a set without moving them out of this set?
    Thx
    Pixray > xray concept
    Xray C Blog
  • moonbase
    super8 member

by moonbase » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:41 pm

hi -
    Make a few layers you like in the top group of 5 layers (above the 'fader line') then 1 layer at a time 'duplicate' that layer and drag the duplication down from one side of the 'fader line' to the other - it seems that all the parameters associated with the original are duplicated which is great.

This duplicating and dragging can go up as well as down across the 'fader line'.

You can choose layer set 1-8 independantly above and below the 'fader line' making it possible to move a duplicated layer from layer set 1 above the 'fader line' into layer set 7 below the 'fader line'. - great.
    Hope that makes sense...
    Much harder writing it down than doing it!
    xxx
    xrayconcept

by xrayconcept » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:19 am

thank you :wink:
    Pixray > xray concept
    Xray C Blog