Glitching Video
  • Skierboy2

Glitching Video

by Skierboy2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:22 am

Iv been running modul8 for about a year now on a quad-core mac pro tower. I did not build this tower but it ran great. Sadly though, someone jacked it from the theater i was working in. So now I have a new 8-core tower. I have 4 GB of ram and 3 HD Radeon 2600 graphics cards. Works great after iv been running it for a while but at first the video is super glitchy. Any Suggestions? I'm waiting on some more RAM but I fear it will not be here in time for an put coming show. Also I have a Black magic capture card. Iv messed with many settings and it has gotten better but im reaching out for some help. I think the lack of RAM is one of the problems, possibly the video cards to.

Open for anything
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 am

define glitchy.

does the playback stutter?
    if so put all your clips on a seperate drive.
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 am

What are your memory settings?
  • Skierboy2

by Skierboy2 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Yes the play back dose shutter. The shutter seems to be worce when ran on an external drive so when Im running live or recording I have all working files on the Main drive.

My memory settings are 120MB Store if under and my max preload is 128MB with releasing when M8 uses more then 90% of memory.

I pulled out my Video cards and reconfigured the lane power, fired up the system, but Final cut would not work. So I went back to the old config and it worked perfectly.
    VjKg
    super8 member

by VjKg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:04 pm

I believe the previous poster meant use one of the other 3 possible internal drives for your media, not the startup drive. You will also have better speed if you RAID those internal drives.

I hope I am not putting words in the previous posters text field, but I am pretty sure that is what he meant.