Sound Analysis question
  • Martin Inda

Sound Analysis question

by Martin Inda » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi, I was wondering if somebody can give me a hand with this. I want to use the sound analysis tool, but for modifying parameters of freeframe plugins (not for scaling, movintg, etc.). Is there a way I can achieve this, does somebody know if it it possible?
    Inda.tv
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Hello Martin,

It is possible to create modules that do this. From the GarageCUBE online module library download the EqTest (example) module and under the modul8.getSoundBands() command and how to access its properties.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 am

. yes, it's possible to modulate FF parameters via the audio input bands... i wrote a module that uses two effects (one for high, one for low freq) on a layer. it's rather ugly (forces effects on only layer 2 iirc) and is sitting on my laptop right now, but i'll post it once i clean it up a little.

. i used the filter (layer) module to print out all of the effect dictionaries, then grabbed a few of them and put them in an array of dictionaries. then, i created a parallel array of high/low values (b/c it some effects like pixellate just look bad running from 0.0 to 1.0 - so, i'd limit it between 0.005 and 0.3) and scaled down the modulation a little bit.

. i recently used it at a rave as an 'auto-vj' when i needed to step away and get another beer! :)

-james
    (a nomad. )