modul8 - resolume 2.4 firewire vidnet
  • mr_coops

modul8 - resolume 2.4 firewire vidnet

by mr_coops » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help if possible.
    I'm wanting to stream my laptop resolume 2.4 output to modul8 and was hoping that I'd be able to do this via firewire.

I've managed to set-up a firewire network - the mac can see the laptop and share files etc.
    But when I start resolume I cannot see anything for me to send out to, nohing in vidnet servers.

When in the past I've done a show with a colleague with two xp laptops we just connect the firewire cable and bob is your uncle as it were, they both recognise each other and away we go.

My mac is a G4 digital/audio desktop system.
    I can connect using my scan convertor and capture device but I'm trying to reduce the amount of hardware and free up usb ports.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I've found some threads but none wich go through a set-up process.

Thanks in advance
  • Vibber
    super8 member

by Vibber » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 am

OK I am not sure I completely understand your setup as I don't know Resolume.

Is the problem that the Modul8 machine does not pop up as a Firewire device on the other machine?

If so a small app called VirtualDV may be the solution:
    http://www.udart.dk/2009/07/30/the-5-vi ... -firewire/

The article in the link is about a slightly different subject but there is info in the article on how to get VirtualDV
  • webadmin40

by webadmin40 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 pm

It is indeed a lot easier with XP seriously. You just need to run the network setup wizard and it is done. But with the mac there are a lot of complications. you need to setup a firewire network and then run the resolume. Its all so long and complicated process frankly. :(
    webmaster
  • mr_coops

by mr_coops » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Cheers guys,
    I've previously set up a firewire network. My mac can see the PC harddrives and files and vice versa. What I was wanting to do was transmit my resolume output into Modul8, other forums have suggested that this is not possible.
    Resolume has vidnet built in and if you wire 2 pc's vis firewire in resolume you just need to click the correct vidnet server and you're off.
    I was hoping that something like that would be possible on the mac