Automate Crossfader
  • zombi27

Automate Crossfader

by zombi27 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am

hi,

my name is max. i'm from germany, so sorry for my bad english ;)

What i want to do on partys:

- Random VIdeo-animations (made in aftereffects)
    - slideshow of pictures from a digicam (with an option to update them at the party)
    - live videostream from a camera

what i did:
    i've taken a folder with pictures with the slideshow layer on deck a
    a bunch of animations are placed on deck b

my problem:
    i want to automate (?) or animate? the crossfader, so that it stays on deck a for 30 secs, and then fades to deck b and so on...
    the livestreamfeature can be done by hand, so thats no pronlem...

i've done an automatic fader with the global bpm thing, but this fades much too fast, i want to stop it at a deck for 30 secs. or 1 min....

would be great if somebody could help me!

thx

greets
    max
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 am

I'm not 100% this doesn't already exist as a module already?

1. Making a module that does a hard cut from A to B/B to A every 30 secs wouldn't be so hard to do.

2. Making a module as in above but withe the crossfader animating (with or without interpolation) would be more work. My suggestion is to use Iduun's Param Interpolator and rework it with a time trigger and a A/B check.
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:42 pm

cant you just set the global BPM to 2
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:24 am

Ha! That's an easy solution, why not?
  • zombi27

by zombi27 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:00 am

thank you :D it works!
    i've set the gloal bpm to 2 and in the bpmrouter (master) i took cut, but now it's a really hard change from one deck to the other - like a cut ;) but i couldn't take something like a sinus ;(
    any ideas for that?

and another question:
    is there a better thing to make slideshow as the "slideshow" layer? i want to add pics to the slideshow every 10 minutes or so at a party (live pictures), so i have to add them to the media set and change the values in the slideshow layer, not nice at all...
    i was thinking about buying a bluetooth cf-card to get the live-pics into the local folder on the pc in realtime....
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:12 pm

If you're using only photos for the slideshow you can just drop the folder with them in a slot of the media bank and it will play like a movie. You can tweak the speed and anything else. If you update the photos in the folder the changes will be reflected immediately.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm

I have had great experience with Isadora and Modul8 lately. I do all trigger setups that are hard or impossible to do in M8 in Isadora and send these as MIDI messages. From there is so easy to map MIDI to M8 controls.
    BTW you can use Isadora as demo without possibility to save your patch, but for your simple trick it is easy to build each time before the show.
  • zombi27

by zombi27 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 am

mowgli, thanks very much! thats sooo good - and so easy :D now almost all problems are gone :D and the greatest thing is, that the folder is updated in real time!
    now i can buy a bluetooth / wlan cf-card for the camera and put live pics in the folder :D this is soo great!!!